Saint Louis (15-13, 8-7 A-10) vs. George Washington (13-15, 6-9 A-10)
Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 | 7 p.m. | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FOX Sports Midwest (Scott Warmann, Scott Highmark)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis hosts George Washington at Chaifetz Arena on Saturday night. Game time is 7 p.m.
– Saturday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest, with Scott Warmann and Scott Highmark on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis (15-13, 8-7 A-10) has won two of its last three games and five out of its last seven and enters Saturday’s matchup against George Washington in a tie for fourth place (with VCU) in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings.
– The Billikens started the A-10 season 1-4, but have reeled off seven wins in its last 10 outings since.
– The Billikens are above .500 this late in the season for the first time since the 2013-14 season. The Billikens’ 15 wins so far are the most since the 2013-14 team won 27 times. In addition, SLU’s eight conference victories are the most since that same 2013-14 squad registered 13 league wins (in a 16-game schedule).
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.0 ppg. He leads the A-10 in FTs made (135) and FTs attempted (179).
– Senior guard Davell Roby is averaging 11.1 ppg. Earlier this year, he became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points. He is now No. 26 on SLU’s all-time scoring list with 1,092 points in his career.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French, the reigning A-10 co-Rookie of the Week, is second in the A-10 with 53 blocks. He is SLU’s all-time freshman leader for blocked shots in a season. French is coming off a career-high 20 points in the Billikens’ last game at Dayton, and he is averaging 13.7 ppg over the last six games.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman is fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage in conference games only (.640, 57-of-89).
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense (65.1 ppg). They are also the A-10 leaders in rebounding margin (+4.9 in all games; +7.7 in conference games only).
– George Washington is one of the hottest teams in the Atlantic 10 Conference and enters Saturday’s game 13-15 overall and 6-9 in A-10 play.
– The Colonials have won three in a row and four of their last five. That spurt comes on the heels of a difficult stretch that saw the Colonials win just once in January.
– GW is coming off a 103-77 victory against Richmond on Wednesday, where it shot 69.8 percent from the floor, 71.4 percent from the arc and 90 percent from the stripe.
– Senior guard Yuta Watanabe leads GW in scoring (16 ppg), rebounding (6.5 rpg) and blocked shots (45). He has also drained a team-leading 50 3-pointers.
– Sophomore guard Jair Bolden turns in 11.3 ppg and is the team leader in assists with 81.
– Senior forward Patrick Steeves also scores in double figures, averaging 10.5 ppg. He pulls down 5.4 rpg. Freshman guard Terry Nolan Jr. scores 9.6 ppg and leads George Washington with 47 steals.
This is the 17th overall meeting between the Billikens and Colonials ... GW leads the series 9-7 ... George Washington has won four of the last five ... SLU is 6-0 against GW in games played in St. Louis.