Saint Louis (16-13, 9-7 A-10) vs. Duquesne (13-15, 6-9 A-10)
Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018 | 6 p.m. (CT) | Pittsburgh, Pa. (Palumbo Center)
TV: Stadium / KPLR 11 in St. Louis (Matt Martucci, Tim Scarborough)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: WatchStadium.com (free stream) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis heads to Pittsburgh to take on the Duquesne Dukes on Wednesday. Game time is 6 p.m. (CT).
– Wednesday’s game will be produced by Stadium Network and will air locally on KPLR 11. Matt Martucci and Tim Scarborough are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis (16-13, 9-7 A-10) has won three of its last four games and enters Wednesday’s matchup against Duquesne in sole possession of fourth place in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings.
– The Billikens started the A-10 season 1-4, but have gone 8-3 since. The Billikens are in the hunt to grab the fourth seed for the A-10 Championship, which would give them a double-bye.
– Saint Louis is above .500 this late in the season for the first time since the 2013-14 season. The Billikens’ 16 wins so far are the most since the 2013-14 team won 27 times. In addition, SLU’s nine conference victories are the most since that same 2013-14 squad registered 13 league wins (in a 16-game schedule).
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.0 ppg. He leads the A-10 in FTs made (138) and FTs attempted (185). Bess is sixth in the A-10 rebounding with 7.5 rpg.
– Senior guard Davell Roby is averaging 11.0 ppg. Earlier this year, he became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points. He is now No. 26 on SLU’s all-time scoring list with 1,100 points in his career.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 54 blocks. He is SLU’s all-time freshman leader for blocked shots in a season.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman is fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage in conference games only (.648, 59-of-91).
– Sophomore forward Jalen Johnson scored a game-high 20 points against GW.
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense (64.7 ppg). They are also the A-10 leaders in rebounding margin (+4.8 in all games; +7.4 in conference games only).
– Duquesne enters Wednesday's game 15-14 overall and 6-10 in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
– The Dukes are on a six-game losing streak.
– DU is in a three-way tie for 10th in the league standings. Wednesday's game is big for the Dukes if they hope to avoid a Wednesday game at the A-10 Championship next week.
– Eric Williams Jr., an A-10 All-Rookie candidate, leads the Dukes in scoring (14.6 ppg) and rebounding (8.8 rpg). Mike Lewis II is close behind, averaging 14.4 ppg thanks in part to a team-leading 79 3-pointers.
– Head coach Keith Dambrot is in his first season at Duquesne. The former Akron head coach has a 20-year career record of 428-223.
This will be the 28th meeting between Duquesne and Saint Louis ... SLU leads the series 14-13 and has won three in a row ... Duquesne is on a three-game winning streak in games played at the Palumbo Center ... the Billikens defeated the Dukes 76-63 at Chaifetz Arena earlier this year.