Saint Louis (16-14, 9-8 A-10) vs. St. Bonaventure (23-6, 13-4 A-10)
Saturday, March 3, 2018 | 7 p.m. | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FOX Sports Midwest (Scott Warmann, Scott Highmark)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis hosts St. Bonaventure on Saturday night in the final regular-season home game of the season. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m.
– Saturday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest. Scott Warmann and Scott Highmark are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
BLUE OUT AND SENIOR NIGHT
– Seniors Rashed Anthony, Aaron Hines and Davell Roby will be recognized after the game as part of Senior Night festivities.
– Saturday’s game will serve as the annual SLU student “Blue Out.” Team Blue T-shirts will be distributed to all SLU students at the game. All fans are encouraged to wear blue. Additionally, the Billikens will wear their blue uniforms for the game.
– Saint Louis (16-14, 9-8 A-10) enters the final game of the regular season in a three-way tie for fourth place in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings.
– The Billikens need a win against St. Bonaventure and also need Richmond to beat George Mason for the possibility of receiving a No. 4 seed and a double bye in next week’s A-10 Championship.
– St. Bonaventure will be either the No. 2 or No. 3 seed in the A-10 Championship. A win Saturday against the Billikens OR a Davidson loss against Rhode Island will ensure the Bonnies of the No. 2 seed.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.2 ppg. He leads the A-10 FTs attempted (192) and is second in FTs made (145).
– Senior guard Davell Roby is averaging 11.0 ppg. Earlier this year, he became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points. He is now No. 25 on SLU’s all-time scoring list with 1,111 points in his career.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 54 blocks. He is SLU’s all-time freshman leader for blocked shots in a season.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman leads the Billikens in field goal percentage (.618, 81-of-131). He is fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage in conference games only (.641, 59-of-92).
– Over the last two games, sophomore forward Jalen Johnson is averaging 19.0 ppg. He is 9-of-12 from 3-point range during that stretch.
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense (65.1 ppg). They are also the A-10 leaders in rebounding margin (+4.6 in all games; +7.0 in conference games only).
– St. Bonaventure enters Saturday's game 23-6 overall and 13-4 in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
– The Bonnies have won 11 in a row and are coming off an epic 117-113 triple-overtime win against Davidson.
– SBU could have the No. 2 seed in the A-10 Championship locked up prior to Saturday if Rhode Island beats Davidson on Friday night. Regardless, a win against SLU on Saturday would ensure the Bonnies the No. 2 seed.
– Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley make up one of the best backcourt tandems in the country, with Adams averaging 20.8 ppg and Mobley 18.4 ppg.
– Earlier this year at the Reilly Center in St. Bonaventure, N.Y., Adams scored a career-high 44 points to lead the Bonnies to a 79-56 win.
This is the 22nd meeting between the teams ... the Bonnies lead 11-10, and St. Bonaventure has won seven in a row.