Saint Louis 77, Lindenwood 56
Friday, November 3, 2017 | 7:30 p.m.
Chaifetz Arena | St. Louis, Missouri
Jenny Vliet poured in a game-high 21 points and Tara Dusharm scored 16 to lead Saint Louis to a 77-56 exhibition-game victory over Lindenwood Friday night at Chaifetz Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Following an early 5-4 deficit, Saint Louis used an 8-1 run to take a 12-6 lead. Lindenwood scored the last seven points of the first quarter to go on top 13-12.
• A 3-pointer early in the second quarter gave the Lions their largest lead, 16-12.
• A three-point play by Dusharm put SLU in front for good, 19-18, and sparked a 15-0 spurt that gave the Billikens a 31-18 advantage. Dusharm netted nine points during the run, while Vliet had the other six on a pair of 3-pointers.
• A 33-23 halftime lead was trimmed to eight points early in the third quarter, but SLU established a double-digit lead for good on another Vliet trey. The Billikens gradually pulled away and led 60-39 after three.
• Saint Louis led by as many as 27 points in the fourth quarter before settling for the final score.
• Vliet’s 8-of-10 shooting performance included a 5-of-6 effort from the arc. She added five rebounds.
• Dusharm was 7-of-11 from the floor.
• Aaliyah Covington turned in a 10-point, six-rebound, three-assist performance.
• Maddison Gits collected a team-high seven rebounds, including a game-high four offensive.
• Jackie Kemph led all players with six assists, while Jordyn Frantz registered five helpers.
• Kendra Wilken had five rebounds and four blocks.
• Paige Rakers scored nine points.
Kallie Bildner, 17 points, eight rebounds; Lexie Moe, eight points, five rebounds; Gabby Walker, eight points, three steals.
The Billikens open the season Friday, Nov. 10, at Indiana State. Tip time is 6 p.m. (CT).