WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PREVIEW: Saint Louis at SIUE
WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017 • 7 p.m. CST
WHERE: Vadalabene Center • Edwardsville, Illinois
RECORDS: SLU 2-2; SIUE 1-1
SLU-SIUE SERIES: SLU leads 12-11
SLU-SIUE LAST MEETING: at SLU 90, SIUE 49 (11/17/16) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at DePaul 86, SLU 78 (Nov. 18) RECAP
COUGARS’ LAST GAME: at SIUE 76, Air Force 40 (Nov. 17) RECAP
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: vs. Cleveland State • Friday, Nov. 24 • 10 p.m. CST • Las Vegas, Nev.
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis begins another three-game week when the Billikens face local rival SIUE of the Ohio Valley Conference Tuesday, Nov. 21, in Edwardsville, Illinois.
• Wednesday, the Billikens head to Las Vegas for the South Point Shootout. SLU takes on Cleveland State Friday night and LSU Saturday night.
• Saint Louis claimed second place at DePaul's Maggie Dixon Classic in Chicago last week. The Billikens defeated Ole Miss 79-64 in the opener and fell 86-78 to DePaul in the title game.
• Jackie Kemph was named to the Maggie Dixon Classic All-Tournament team. Kemph averaged 14.5 points, 6.5 assists and 4.0 rebounds while posting a 3.25 assist-turnover ratio.
• Kemph leads the Billikens in scoring (16.3 ppg) and assists (6.3 apg). The two-time Atlantic 10 Conference Player of the Year already is 24-of-30 (.800) from the free throw line.
• For a second consecutive year, Kemph is one of 20 players named to the Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List. The Lieberman Award is presented to the top point guard in NCAA Division I women’s basketball.
• With 1,445 career points, Kemph needs just 141 points to pass Sadie Stipanovich as the Billikens’ all-time leading scorer.
• Maddison Gits tops the SLU rebounding chart (11.5 rpg) while averaging 10.3 points.
• Jordyn Frantz is shooting team highs of .533 overall and .588 (10-of-17) from 3-point range. Frantz is second to Kemph with 11.0 ppg.
• Sixth-year head coach Lisa Stone takes a 92-72 record at Saint Louis into Tuesday night’s game. Now in her 32nd season overall as a collegiate head coach, Stone owns a 595-309 career mark.
A LOOK AT THE COUGARS
• Donshel Beck scored 13 points and Sydney Bauman posted an 11-point, 15-rebound double-double in the Cougars’ 76-40 win over Air Force last Friday. SIUE fell 62-53 at Nebraska in the season opener.
• SIUE was 14-17 overall and 9-7 (third place) in the Ohio Valley Conference a year ago. Among the Cougars’ returning players are senior guard Beck, a second-team All-Conference honoree, and redshirt junior guard Nakiah Bell, who made the 2016-17 OVC All-Newcomer team.
• Beck and redshirt senior guard Lauren White lead SIUE in scoring with 13.5 points per game apiece. Bell and freshman guard Christen King contribute 10.0 points per game. Bauman, a junior center, hauls in a team-high 14.0 rebounds per game.