WHEN: Saturday, February 10, 2018 • 1 p.m. CST
WHERE: The Ryan Center • Kingston, Rhode Island
RECORDS: SLU 13-11, 7-4 Atlantic 10; Rhode Island 3-22, 1-11 Atlantic 10
SLU – RHODE ISLAND SERIES: SLU leads 11-3
SLU – RHODE ISLAND LAST MEETING: Saint Louis 68, at Rhode Island 50 (Jan. 21, 2017) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at La Salle 87, Saint Louis 76 (Feb. 7) RECAP
RAMS’ LAST GAME: at St. Joseph’s 64, Rhode Island 46 (Feb. 7) RECAP
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: Duquesne - Wednesday, Feb. 14 - 7 p.m. CST – Chaifetz Arena
VIDEO STREAM: A-10 Digital Network
LIVE STATS: Presto Sports
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
- The Billikens had their three-game winning streak snapped at La Salle on Wednesday evening in Philadelphia. Jackie Kemph led Saint Louis with 22 points.
- Saturday’s game ends a two-game road swing before the team head’s back to St. Louis for a pair of games with Duquesne and George Washington on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Just four games remain for the Billikens after Saturday’s tilt with the Rams, three of which are at home. Saint Louis is 8-2 at Chaifetz Arena this year.
- Senior Maddison Gits was named the A-10 Women’s Basketball Co-Player of the Week after posting back-to-back powerhouse performances at home. Over the course of last week, she averaged 24.5 points per game and 14.5 rebounds per game. She has recorded eight consecutive double-doubles.
- Since the beginning of the 2015-16 season, Saint Louis has a 32-11 record in A-10 games.
- The Billikens are averaging nearly 78 points per game in their 13 wins this season.
- A Saint Louis’ senior class became the winningest in program history after their win over Davidson on Sunday. It was win No. 79.
- Jackie Kemph owns a commanding lead in assists in the A-10. She dishes 7.8 per game, 3.2 more per game than second-place Mariah Ruff of St. Bonaventure. Kemph is on pace to have career highs for a season in assists per game and A-TO ratio (currently 2.76).
- The Billikens were a perfect 12-12 from the free throw line against La Salle on Wednesday. They are shooting 74.8 percent from the charity stripe as a team this season.
- Saint Louis is shooting 44 percent as a team from the floor.
- Saint Louis features two players among the conference's top 10 in 3-point percentage. Paige Rakers (.4.2) is seventh, while Jordyn Frantz ranks 10th (.389). Jenny Vliet sits just outside the top 10 in 12th (.364).
- Sixth-year head coach Lisa Stone takes a 103-81 record at Saint Louis into the Rhode Island game. Now in her 32nd season overall as a collegiate head coach, Stone owns a 606-318 career mark.
A LOOK AT THE RAMS
- Rhode Island has lost five consecutive games heading into Saturday’s matchup. Their last win came on January 20 in a 72-63 win over La Salle at home.
- Nicole Jorgensen leads the Rams in both scoring (14.1 points per game) and rebounds (7.2 per game). The senior forward is ranked second in field goal percentage (.533) in the A-10.
- The Rams are ranked fourth in the Atlantic 10 in blocks per game (4.0) and sixth in steals per game (7.2).
- Rhode Island is averaging 56.6 points per game, the lowest in the league.
- Jorgensen is ranked seventh in the A-10 in offensive rebounds per game (3.1).
- Head Coach Daynia La Force is in her fourth season at the helm of the Rams. She currently has an overall record of 38-76.