WHEN: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 • 6 p.m. CST
WHERE: Tom Gola Arena • Philadelphia, Pa.
RECORDS: SLU 13-10, 7-3 Atlantic 10; La Salle 7-16, 2-8 Atlantic 10
SLU-LA SALLE SERIES: SLU leads 7-6
SLU-LA SALLE LAST MEETING: Saint Louis 79, at LaSalle 74 (Feb. 15, 2017) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at Saint Louis 88, at Davidson 72 (Feb. 4) RECAP
EXPLORERS’ LAST GAME: at UMASS 69, LaSalle 66 (Feb. 4) RECAP
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: Rhode Island - Saturday, Feb. 10 - 1 p.m. CST - The Ryan Center
LIVE STATS: SIDEARM Stats
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
- The Billikens have won their last three straight including a dramatic, come-from-behind victory against Fordham last Wednesday in double overtime.
- Senior Maddison Gits was named the A-10 Women’s Basketball Co-Player of the Week after posting back-to-back powerhouse performances at home. Over the course of the last two games, she averaged 24.5 points per game and 14.5 rebounds per game. She has recorded eight consecutive double-doubles.
- Since the beginning of the 2015-16 season, Saint Louis has a 32-10 record in A-10 games, tying George Washington for the top spot in the conference.
- The Billikens' win at home against Fordham was their third A-10 victory this season in a game that saw them trail by a significant margin in the second half. SLU faced a nine-point deficit in the third quarter of the UMass game, trailed George Washington by 11 points late in the third and was down by 14 at the half against the Rams.
- A Saint Louis’ senior class became the winningest in program history after their win over Davidson on Sunday. It was win No. 79.
- Jackie Kemph owns a commanding lead in assists in the A-10. She dishes 7.8 per game, 3.2 more per game than second-place Mariah Ruff of St. Bonaventure. Kemph is on pace to have career highs for a season in assists per game and A-TO ratio (currently 2.76).
- The Billikens have averaged 83.6 points over the course of their three-game win streak.
- Saint Louis is shooting 44.1 percent as a team from the floor
- Saint Louis features two players among the conference's top 10 in 3-point percentage. Paige Rakers (.398) is seventh, while Jordyn Frantz ranks 10th (.388). Jenny Vliet sits just outside the top 10 in 11th (.369)
- Sixth-year head coach Lisa Stone takes a 103-80 record at Saint Louis into the George Washington game. Now in her 32nd season overall as a collegiate head coach, Stone owns a 606-317 career mark.
A LOOK AT THE EXPLORERS
- La Salle has lost five of their last six games entering tonight’s contest.
- Amy Griffin and Adreana Miller lead the team in scoring this season. Both Griffin (15.4 ppg) and Miller (13.7 ppg) average in double digits for their squad.
- The Explorers are second in the Atlantic 10 in turnovers per game (19).
- Amy Griffin ranks third in the A-10 in shots blocked per game. The senior from Atlanta, Ga., averages 1.6 blocks per game and 36 for the season. She is currently six blocks away from becoming the all-time leader in that category at La Salle.
- Head Coach Jeff Williams was named A-10 Coach of the Year a season ago. In his eighth season, Williams owns an overall record of 91-143 at La Salle and a conference record of 44-72.