ST. LOUIS - Saint Louis head field hockey coach Danielle Baumgardner has announced the Billikens' 2017 schedule. The slate features three preseason exhibitions, eight home contests and SLU's inaugural home tournament. All home games will be played at Sportport International in Maryland Heights (12525 Sportport, Maryland Heights, MO 63043).
“I am excited about the 2017 schedule,” Baumgardner said. “This schedule gives us a chance to compete and prepare for a challenging Atlantic 10 Conference. I am especially excited to play in front of our home crowd in eight home games, including our first-ever home tournament over Labor Day weekend. We look forward to a great home atmosphere at Sportport.”
Notes about the 2017 schedule:
• The Billikens open the season with a Blue vs. Gray Intrasquad scrimmage on August 12 at Sportport. They also have preseason contests at Indiana (August 18) and home against Lindenwood (August 19).
• The first regular season home game comes during SLU's Labor Day Tournament. The Bills play LIU Brooklyn on August 30 and Colgate on September 2.
• Saint Louis will play two teams who competed in last season's NCAA Tournament: Kent State (September 24) and UMass (October 13). Both games are at Sportport.
• Atlantic 10 Conference play begins on September 15 at Saint Joseph's.
• Saint Louis wraps up the regular season at home with Senior Day on Friday, October 27 against VCU.
For the complete schedule, click here.