LIU Brooklyn 1
Saint Louis 5
Wednesday, August 30 | St. Louis, Mo. (Sportport International)
Saint Louis field hockey defeated LIU Brooklyn 5-1 on Wednesday evening, the most goals for a Billiken team against an NCAA Division I opponent in 25 years. The last time SLU scored five goals was in 1992 when they played Louisville. With the win, SLU rises to 1-2 overall.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
18' | Morgan Crowe sends a short corner to Carly Kissinger, who was set up to the left of the circle. Kissinger shoots near post.
27' | Crowe delivers short corner to Kissinger, who collects top left of circle and finishes near post.
33' | Katie Moss starts a 3-on-2 breakaway with Julia Bakker trailing. Moss sends ball wide to Bakker, who puts it away.
37' | Carly Kissinger intercepts a pass in the defensive third. Makes 50-yard run and sends ball forward to Morgan Crowe, who beats keeper 1-on-1.
64' | Hanna Smith sends a ball into the circle. Katie Moss dives for the ball, flicking it past the LIU keeper.
• Five goals are the most that SLU has scored against an NCAA Division I opponent since 1992.
• The last time SLU scored five goals against any opponent was 9/30/11 against Lindenwood (also a 5-1 win).
• Carly Kissinger powered the SLU offense with 10 shots (eight on goal), two goals and an assist. Her previous career best was five shots in a game and four points, both at Longwood on 8/28/16.
• Kissinger's 10 shots are a season high in the Atlantic 10 Conference.
• Kissinger's two goals match a season best for a single game in the A-10.
• Kissinger's five points are the second most in a single game in the A-10 this season.
• Morgan Crowe tallied a goal and two assists, matching her career best for points in a game.
• The Billikens outshot the Blackbirds 20-4.
The Billikens host Colgate on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Sportport International.